Usage analytics and data are crucial for both application maintainers and stakeholders. interopiO™ has the ability to track analytics such as application launches and FHIR® transactions performed by an application. Analytics collected will be updated in the future with relevant data and graphs.
On the top of the App Usage page are the controls for the user:
- Timeframe selector: Allows you to choose the timeframe for the analytics displayed on the Usage page.
- Activations filter: Allows you to choose a set of activations that are included in the data displayed. By default all activations are included.
- Refresh button: Refreshes the data shown.
- menu: Shows options for exporting the data used in the graphs as a CSV file.
The "Totals" component on the Usage page shows you the sum of important analytics records for the selected timeframe and filters.
The "App Launches" graph shows you how your number of launches changes over time and allows you to track both how general app popularity change and how different activations stack against each other. It's also useful for spotting out potential problems with the launch of your app and the time they occurred.
SMART Launch/App Ready/App Launch Complete Time
The "SMART Launch/App Ready/App Launch Complete Time" graph shows you how duration of the three predefined stages of the application launch change over time. You have two graph-specific selectors that only apply for this graph:
- Event time selector: Allows you to specify which stage of the application launch you want to track on the graph. Options: SMART Launch, App Ready, App Launch Complete
- Metric selector: Allows you to choose a type of metric you want to aggregate the data on. Options: Average, Median
The tooltip for this graph shows not just the average/median time but also the number of launches across which the aggregation is done.
This graph allows for an overview on how launch time changes to: catch potential problems with a specific activation or across the application, monitor results from changes in the code or the launch flow, compare based on the amount of launches done.
For more information on the three different launch events see: Application Launches
The "Resource Transactions" bar chart gives you a breakdown of the FHIR® transactions made by your app over the selected time period. It does that by combining the FHIR® resource and the type of transaction operation. This is useful for tracking that your app makes the correct FHIR® requests for the correct FHIR® resources and see what resource/operation is used most often.
The "Resource Transactions over Time" line chart shows how the amount of FHIR® transactions over the selected timeframe changes, providing insight into your app utilisation of FHIR® resources.
EHRs charge differently depending on the resource and the operation type. The Resource Transactions data can help when calculating or forecasting the costs of the requests the app makes to different EHRs.